Our staff are in attendance at the centre 30 minutes either side of session times.
Session times Koalas
Each Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
9am to 2.00pm
Session times Kangaroos
Each Thursday and Friday
8.30am to 4.00pm
Birralee Kindergarten Teaching Team
Mrs Michelle Clement
Nominated Supervisor / Teacher
Mrs Tracey Hall
Koala Group Educator
Our teaching team
A key indicator of a quality early years program is highly qualified staff. All staff directly working with children at Birralee Kindy are qualified (or studying towards) an appropriate early childhood qualification. It is a Lady Gowrie requirement that all permanent staff have a current senior first aid and CPR certificate. All staff working in the centre will also have a positive notice, more commonly referred to as a blue card.
Staff professional development
Birralee Kindergarten believes that ongoing staff professional development is essential for high quality practice. Professional development provides staff with the opportunity to learn new skills and to challenge current practice. We actively promote and support the ongoing professional development of all staff members by encouraging their attendance at courses, seminars, workshops and conferences. All staff at Birralee Kindergarten is encouraged to develop an ongoing approach to their own professional development.
- supporting families by providing high quality education and care
- overseeing the development, implementation and evaluation of the curriculum
- implementing sound policies and high quality practices
- supporting, mentoring and managing of staff
- supporting staff growth – professional development
- promoting a sense of community within the centre
- marketing the centre, and Lady Gowrie, to the wider community.